Libertarian commentary and tea :)

Friday, November 10, 2006

2006 Elections & Libertarianism

Well I voted on Tuesday, my first Election since officially declaring myself Libertarian!

I was please to see the Libertarian Party as a Choice for my "Vote All" category, as well as the constitution party in my home state of Kentucky :)

However, I was disappointed not to see any Libertarian candidates on my ballot :(

I did hear from a co-worker that he had a Libertarian Choice on his ballot, which was nice :D

Here are the Kentucky Libertarian Election Results:
Kentucky
U.S. House, District 4
Brian Houillion
5.8% FINAL
U.S. House, District 6
Paul Ard
13.8% FINAL
US House, 3rd District
Donna Mancini
1% FINAL

And here is a link to all Libertarian Election Results:
http://www.lp.org/index_2006.html

All in all I guess the election went OK all things considered. As you can see the party is slowly growing and gaining power. The Libertarians won 8 seats this season!!!

Listening to the candidates I could here that many already had Libertarian ideals, and were running under Republican or Democrat banners. This is GOOD for America! As the parties get more and more diversified its going to be harder and harder to get BS through!

Smaller Government. Less Taxes. Protection of Our Liberties & Property. Upholding the Constitution. Persuasion versus Force. Getting out of Iraq, in 1 year, as the Libertarians proposed a while back (June 29th, 2005 to be exact), just look at the plan:
http://www.lp.org/exitplan.pdf

So I must say, all in all I am pleased with how things are going.

1 Comments:

Blogger scorch said...

Testing...

Sun Nov 19, 11:13:00 PM 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Get Firefox! Site Meter